The primary skill set required for a Member Relations Manager is Relationship Building. The position focuses on establishing excellent relations with Members and Club departments to ensure we exceed the Member and their guest’s expectations at all time. Your goal is to provide our members with an intuitive and quintessential service at all times that serves to establish the foundation for continual referrals resulting in the growth of the Club’s membership.
Relationship Manager Duties and Responsibilities
As a critical contributor to the department’s objectives to meet all the assigned KAR (Key Area of Responsibility). The Member Relations Manager is responsible for creating an enriching Member experience for Members and all departments within the Club.
As part of the Community (The Core), the Member Relations Manager will contribute to our feedback loop through listening; the Voice of the Customer/Member (VOC) focusing on both internal and external Member Benefits as a key driver of Member Renewal/ satisfaction with the main aim of developing a more substantial Member commitment towards the Club.
I. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Member Engagement – Connecting Members to one another. Organise regular Member Engagement activities such as renewal cocktails, office visits, synergy experiences, engagement meetings and calls, to ensure Members are connected and constantly aware of all Club activities internally and externally.
- Member Onboarding – manage the Member Enrolment process and that the database management system is continuously updated and accurate.
- Renewal – Annual membership – contribution to the growth and success of the Club by identifying the ways to improve Member retention and other business development opportunities.
- Referrals – Prospect Members
- Maintain reports of activities of all key responsibility areas, as per your KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), e.g. renewal pipeline, referrals tracking, member feedback.
- VOM (Member) Understand the problems and challenges of Members (what keep them awake at night) for the Club to identify ways to address better those needs that will facilitate an understanding of Members’ needs for direct marketing and relationship management (creating the suitable sandwiches and foster the right conversations)
- Member Feedback – Resolve and maintain a record of all Member feedback (the good, bad and ugly) and ensure complaints are addressed promptly and professionally so that service recovery is completed to/till the Member satisfaction.
- Member to Member Introductions – to match, facilitate and curate the right conversations with likeminded individuals
- Participate in Member Engagement one-on-one meetings with Members to explain services and benefits to guide their preferences
- Seek opportunities to upsell to existing Members through understanding Member segments and upgrade to a higher membership tier
- Monitor and assess our members’ activities (Club Usage) to satisfy and retain our Members proactively.
- Maintain the Club culture/image (a positive reputation for the business)
- Perform other duties as required
II. Required Skills and Competencies
- The ability to build, foster, and maintain positive professional relationships with Members and staff.
- Devotion to high-quality Intuitive Member service
- Keen analytical and listening abilities (VOC)
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the business and related
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to function in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent spoken and written English and other languages is an added advantage.
- Flexible, resourceful and able to perform despite tight schedules
- A firm stakeholder focus (generate revenue) and service-oriented attitude.
- Plans and organises/ manages the job independently and proactively.
- Embodies to the Club Value Proposition, which is: Inspired. Connected. Achieve.
Female preferred for this role.